Our work together beings with completing the form on the New Patient page. I will get back to you by email or phone about my availability and check what yours is too.
Our First Meeting
At your first appointment, we'll talk about what you'd like to change in your life, how therapy works, what a therapeutic relationship should feel like, review your rights and responsibilities, informed consent, and discuss payment insurance issues. At the end of the first session, we will discuss if we feel this is a good fit to work together.
At this point, you can decide if you'd like to meet with me again. You are under no obligation to do so. If you are unsure, it’s OK to take a couple of days and call me back once you decide. If you are meeting with a few different therapists to see who is the best fit, I will not be offended. I will most likely say that this is a good idea.
Everything you tell me is 100% confidential. If you report to me that a child or elder is being abused, or if your report that you or someone has serious intent to harm yourself or another person, then I am legally a mandatory reporter, and only then would I break your confidentiality.
We will plan to meet for 53 minute visits once a week. Week by week, the work will flow naturally. Each session we will create safe space and listen deeply for what needs to come out, check in on your goals, integrate new, positive skills, and set new intentions for your ongoing growth.
You will create your own solutions from your own unique internal wisdom, vision, and strengths. You will learn how to be resourced and connected from with inside of you, and feel more securely connected to the world around you. You will learn how to become more sensitive and connected to the quiet signals in your body you experience both when you feel good and when you feel stressed so that you can be more in control of your energy and emotions. It will become easier to shift toward feeling good more of the time.
I recommend meeting once weekly for at least 6 months to see the best results. Real growth and change takes commitment and ongoing work.
Who I Work Best With
- People with heartbreaks and emotional hiccups
- Action takers and hard workers - taking 100% responsibility and committing to your growth process will get you the results you desire.
- Those hungry for inner peace, freedom, connection, belonging, fun, creativity, beauty, joy, and wholeness.
- Life long learners eager for new tools, philosophies, skills, and approaches, are terribly curious, willing to take risks, and question their inner dialogues.
- The bruised, beat up, broken down, huffing and puffing, not lookin' so hot. But open, willing and able to keep trying.
- Grievers and people in transition. Those who desire to let go of the past so that they can live more fully in the present and move ahead to creating their futures.
- Creatives. Freaks and geeks. Odd balls. Wall flowers. Strangers. Misfits. Hoodlums. Weirdos. Black sheep. Artists.
- Adults and young adults, adolescents, women, men, LGBTQA and minorities.